Stay tuned for updates on sessions planned for the 2016 FAB Women’s Conference.
April 29, 2016
Sheridan College -
Edward A. Whitney Academic Center
11:30 a.m. — Registration, check-in
Noon — Welcome to FAB Women’s Conference and lunch
12:45 p.m. — Keynote address
Brenda Abdilla — Reboot!: Discovering your personal formula for a happier, more successful and less-stressed life
Do you spend more time focusing on managing and maneuvering the stress of your current situation or, on what you really want your life to look like? How often do you even dare to ask yourself what you really want? If you focus only on where you currently are, you will stay there. The
1:45 p.m. — SESSION ONE (choose one)
• Life hacks : Join local experts as they give tangible advice on making your life a little easier in the outdoors, at home and elsewhere.
• Be more productive at work: Join local experts as they discuss how to be a little more productive at work with tips on email organization, how to have those crucial conversations and how to keep positive morale in your workplace.
3 p.m. — SESSION TWO (choose one)
• Personal finances and investing: More information coming soon!
• Know yourself and how to work with others: You may think you know how your brain works, but have you ever looked at your personality type and how it meshes with others? Here’s your chance.
4:15 p.m. — SESSION THREE (choose one)
• Expression in the garden
• Self-care in the workplace
5 p.m. — Nonprofit speed dating: Meet five of our community’s nonprofit organizations to learn what kind of work they do and the kind of volunteers they need.
5:15 p.m. — Cocktails, live music and networking
Woman of the Year Banquet — 6 p.m.
This FABulous dinner will be held to recognize each of the nominees for the third-annual FAB Woman of the Year.
The winner of this year’s award will also be announced.
*Schedule subject to change